2007-2: Teaching Portfolio Practice in Ireland – A Handbook Ciara O’Farrell (Editor)
Publisher: Centre for Academic Practice and Student Learning (CAPSL), Trinity College Dublin and All Ireland Society for Higher Education (AISHE), Dublin
© 2007 Released under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 licence.
ISBN No: 978-0-9550134-3-0
Funded by: Higher Education Authority, (HEA).
Table of Contents (Download/Read online)
Note that this volume of AISHE Readings is currently available in PDF format only. All links below are directly to PDF documents. Most browsers will enable you to save a copy of any given document for offline reading or printing; typically this is done by using “right click” on the desired link, and then choosing “Save Link As” or similar.
Download the complete volume as a single, print-ready, PDF file (c. 6MByte).
- Front Cover
- Copyright Statement
- Table of Contents (print format, with page numbers)
Part One: Setting the Scene
- 1. Introduction: `Mind the Gap’: Teaching Portfolios as Forums for Academic Inquiry. Ciara O’Farrell.
- 2. Reflective Portfolios for Professional Development. Jean Hughes and Ivan Moore.
- 3. Reflective Writing: Principles and Practice. Orison Carlile and Anne Jordan.
- 4. Teaching Philosophy Statements: A Guide. Marian Fitzmaurice and Joseph Coughlan.
Part Two: Case Studies. A National Overview of Practice in Ireland
- 5. Educating for Inquiry and Exchange through a Reflective Portfolio Process: Making Teaching a University-wide Scholarly Imperative. Nona Lyons.
- 6. The Role of Teaching Portfolios in the Development of a Reflective Learning Culture at Dublin City University. Jean Hughes.
- 7. Reflective Teaching Portfolios for Continuous Professional Development at Trinity College Dublin. Orla Hanratty and Ciara O’Farrell.
- 8. Theory and Practice in the Development of Teaching Portfolios at NUI Galway. Timothy Murphy and Iain MacLaren.
- 9. Portfolios for Professional Development versus Portfolios for Promotion: A University College Dublin Case Study. Geraldine O’Neill.
- 10. The Use of Teaching Portfolios for Academic Professional Development at Dublin Institute of Technology. Roisin Donnelly and Marian Fitzmaurice.
- 11. The Use of Student Feedback in Teaching Portfolios at the University of Limerick. Nyiel Kuol and Sarah Moore.
- 12. Fostering, Recognising and Rewarding Scholarly Teaching at University College Cork: Three Perspectives. Áine Hyland, Marian McCarthy and Bettie Higgs.
- 13. Educating Practitioners for Reflective Inquiry: The Contribution of a Portfolio Process to New Ways of Knowing. Carmel Halton and Nona Lyons.
Part Three: Common Themes and Way Forward
- 14. What Next for Teaching Portfolios in Ireland?. Jacqueline Potter.