Dear AISHE Community,
Starting this month AISHE is planning on sending out monthly newsletters, starting with this, the AISHE February 2017 Newsletter. This is sent out via our mailing list, and replicated here. If you would like to receive this newsletter via email please join our mailing list. If you become aware of any items that you would like considered for circulation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conferences of interest:
- European Sociological Association 2017 ‘(Un)Making Europe: Capitalism, Solidarities, Subjectivities’ Research Network 10 (Sociology of Education) ‘Education as a new fault line in society’. Also joint session with Research Network 13 (Sociology of Families and Intimate Lives) ‘Cyberbullying: Challenges and Future Possibilities in Schools and Families. Athens, Greece, 29th-31st August.
- AHEAD’s Universal Design for Learning (UDL) Conference 2017, UDL: It’s Time to Talk About the ‘Why’? 13th-14th March, 2017. https://www.ahead.ie/
- END Conference – International Conference on Education and New Developments, Lisbon, Portugal, from 24 to 26 of June, 2017. Submission deadline: 17 of February, 2017. http://www.end-
February National Forum Workshops
- Enabling Institutional Capability for Formative Assessment Strategies Through the Learning Management System, University of Limerick, Feb 9.
- Assessment Mapping: The TESTA Methodology, Trinity College Dublin, Feb 9.
- Improving Student Learning Through Changing the Assessment Environment at Programme Level: A Practical Guide Based on the TESTA Project, University College Dublin, Feb 10.
- Assessing Experiential Learning: Reflecting on Best Practice, Letterkenny Institute of Technology, Feb 10.
- The Influence of Mindset on Assessment, Waterford Institute of Technology, Feb 23
The All Ireland Journal of Higher Education (AISHE-J) welcomes original scholarly work or commentary in any aspect of learning and teaching in higher education. To submit a manuscript please see http://ojs.aishe.org/index.