CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Co-Editor Position for the International Journal for Academic Development
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Co-Editor position on the International Journal for Academic Development (IJAD). We are looking for a Co-Editor who is from a region other than Africa, Australasia or North America to replace the position currently held by Professor Mick Healey.
The appointment will be for 3 years (1 July 2013 until 30 June 2016) and the appointee will work collaboratively with the three ongoing Co-editors, Dr David Green, Prof Brenda Leibowitz, and Dr Kathryn Sutherland and the Associate Editors. Normally each Co-Editor chooses an Associate Editor from the same region in consultation with the rest of the editorial team.
Now in its eighteenth year, IJAD is the premier international journal for academic development. Four issues of IJAD are published annually through Taylor & Francis (http://www.tandfonline.com/ijad). The manuscript submission and review process is managed through Taylor & Francis’s on-line system, ScholarOne.
The position is entirely voluntary, involves working to tight deadlines and often participating in online meetings outside of normal office hours.
Applications from individuals who would like to join the team are welcome. Expressions of interest should address the following criteria:
- Active scholar in academic/educational development, with a record of publications in this area
- Passionate about academic development in higher education and committed to encouraging high quality academic research and publications in the field
- Resident in a continent not otherwise represented by a current Co-editor (i.e. not Africa, Australasia or North America)
- Experienced in editing and publishing and aware of issues associated with editing an international journal
- Excellent organisational and communication skills and demonstrable ability to work to tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others, e.g. joint publications, grants, member of a national network, etc.
- Willing to participate in regular Editorial Skype meetings (often scheduled outside working hours in order to accommodate the schedules of Co-editors from four different continents)
- Committed to the goals of the journal’s parent organisation, the International Consortium for Educational Development (ICED): http://icedonline.net/
- Belongs to one of the member networks of ICED.
- Familiarity with on-line manuscript management systems
- Ability to start by 1 July 2013.
Brief written expressions of interest should:
outline your reasons for wanting to undertake the role, address the selection criteria, provide the names of two members of the international academic development community who are willing to be contacted as referees, and include your current Curriculum Vitae. These must be submitted no later than Friday 19 April 2013 to the President of the Council of ICED, Professor James Wisdom (JamesWisdom@Compuserve.com<mailto:JamesWisdom@Compuserve.com>).
David Green, Mick Healey, Brenda Leibowitz and Kathryn Sutherland
Professor Mick Healey BA PhD FRGS NTF PFHEA
HE Consultant and Researcher
Director Healey HE Consultants Ltd
Emeritus Professor University of Gloucestershire
Director NTFS Project: Re-thinking Final Year Projects and Dissertations: Creative Honours and Capstone Projects
Co-Editor, International Journal for Academic Development
Joint International Editor Council on Undergraduate Research Quarterly
Honorary Professor University of Queensland
Adjunct Professor Macquarie University
Visiting Professor University of Wales Newport
HE Academy Associate
QAA ELIR Reviewer
1 Cherry Brook Gardens
Goole DN14 7FY, UK
Email: email@example.com<blocked::mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> (Best way to contact me)
Tel: +44 (0)1430 432 947; Mobile: +44 (0)7952 095 129